For instructions for renewal of annual membership, click here.


For a GIRL to become a Scout at Troop 54, she or her parents need to submit the following:

1.  BSA registration form.
Troop 54 uses BSA's on-line registration system.  Go to, then click on "Scouts BSA", click on "Troops for Girls", type 77019, and click on "Apply Now" under Troop 54.

2.  Payment of T-54 dues.
Troop 54 collects dues annually to cover the expenses of the troop.  The dues are currently $175 for scouts newly joining, transferring from another Troop or “Crossing Over” from Cub Scouts. This payment is made at the T-54 Store at this link.  Click on "New Scout" or "Transfer Scout" (if transferring from a Cub pack or another troop).  New scouts will receive a T-54 neckerchief, handbook and other items upon joining.  Annual dues of $110 are included in the joining fee.

Scholarships:  Parents of Scouts in need of financial assistance may contact either the Troop Committee Chair (Alan Clark) or the Scoutmaster (W.C. Smith) to discuss needs.  More information is contained in the Troop Handbook at this link.

3.  BSA Medical Form, Insurance, Immunization and Consents.
Complete and print the forms from the links below, and make copies of insurance card and immunications.  Send these documents to George Ho, Troop 54's Medical Officer, at 6227 Sutherland Sq, Houston TX 77081.

Medical forms:

Click here to download the MEDICAL FORM with Parts A, B1 and B2 only(PDF, 3 pages).  Parts A, B1 and B2 do not require a doctor's exam.

Click here to download the MEDICAL FORM with Parts A, B1, B2 and C (PDF, 4 pages).  Part C of this form does require a doctor's exam.  Part C is needed prior to summer camp, any high-adventure activity, or various other activities as described on the form.

Waiver and Medical consent to treat forms:
Click here to download Consent, Release and Emergency Contact Form.
Click here to download Consent to Treat Form.

Scout Uniform.
BSA Class A uniforms are worn at troop meeting and events.  For guidance on purchase of a Scout Uniform, click here.  One T-54 neckerchief is included with the initial registration.


For an ADULT to become a registered leader at Troop 54, he/she needs to do the following:

1.  Register online with Boy Scouts of America at this LINK.   (BSA's My.Scouting website).  Your submitted application will be sent to the Troop’s Registrar, who will do a reference check by contacting your three references.  Make sure your references will be available to talk with our Registrar.  Any questions can be sent to our Registrar at

2.  Youth Protections Training
Adult leaders are required to complete YPT prior to becoming a registered leader, and must renew this training every second year.  This online training takes approximately 1 hour.

NOTE:  To complete the YPT training and register online, you will need to have a BSA account in your own name with a BSA ID number.  To create a BSA account and get a BSA ID number, start at – see the “Create Account” button.  If you think you have ever registered yourself (including in Cub Scouts), check the forgot username first so you don’t create a second account.

3.  Medical Forms
Download the appropriate medical form from the links above, complete and print.  Deliver the completed form along with copy of insurance card and immunization record to our medical records coordinator.  To arrange delivery, contact that person at or by checking the Contact Us page on the T-54 homepage.

Additional Training
In addition to the required YPT course, all adult leaders at T-54 are required to complete the specific training for the position in which they wish to serve (Asst Scoutmaster, Committee Member, etc). First do the online portion at, then register for the in-person components, if needed.